Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Disabled or Resonant? - Great Northwest

Ben was 23.  An amazing man, locked in his own body.  He had cerebral palsy.  He shifted my axis.  I was 16.  He could not communicate with me.  Or could he?

The courage was not hard to find.  Looking in his eyes was a gift I wasn't expecting.  Ben lit up, perhaps delighted that a beautiful teenage girl showered him with attention... at least that's what everyone present thought.  It was more than that.  Ben could not spend his time kicking balls, going to college and living on Mac n Cheese like his same-age peers did.  He had all the time in the world to connect to a universal portal (God perhaps) that most of us could never fathom, much less witness.

Ben showed me, in a brief instant, what might be out there.  He was the first.  He would not be the last connector to show me who they are in the eyes of one much larger than me.

Ben spoke resonance.... his eyes, his chakras were alive and beamed beauty to everyone in that hall lodge which comfortably sat in the shadow of Mt. Hood, Oregon.  Sympathy for his condition began melting out of me.  It had no purpose.

His life was different than mine yes, but Ben lived in a world of truth much larger than my own. A portal I now seek.

1 comment: